Sauteed Scallops Recipe
- Virgin Olive Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Tomato Sauce
- Onion, chopped
- Fish Stock
- Bay or Sea Scallops
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Bring the seafood stock to a boil.
- Heat the garlic olive oil in a cast iron skillet until you hear a slight sizzle sound.
- Add the onions and sauté the onions until softened.
- Sprinkle in the paprika.
- Cook until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add the white wine and reduce until the wine is almost gone.
- Add the tomato sauce and stir.
- Remove the seafood stock from the heat and add the scallops.
- Leave the scallops in the hot stock until they turn opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the stock and place them in the skillet.
- Finish under a hot broiler for 2-3 minutes or until the top of the scallops start to caramelize.
image courtesy of: http://www.thefoodieshop.com