Oven Roasted Smoked Sausage And Potatoes
- 1 package of smoked sausage (peel if necessary, and slice into rounds)
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- Virgin Olive’s Smoked Olive Oil
- fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1/4 tablespoon dried thyme
- a handful of grated strong cheddar cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200*C/400*F/ gas mark 6.
- Line a large baking tray (with sides) with several sheets of foil, and drizzle with a bit of oil.
- Spread the oil out over the pan. Set aside.
- Put the sausage rounds, onions and potatoes into a large bowl. Drizzle with a couple TBS of Virgin Olive Smoked Olive Oil and season to taste with salt, pepper, paprika and dried thyme. Toss together with your hands until everything is evenly distributed.
- Pour this out onto the baking tray, and spread it out as much as you can.
- Place into the heated oven and roast for 45 minutes to an hour, stirring every 15 minutes or so, until the potatoes are golden brown and tender.
- Turn off the oven. Scatter the cheese over top of the cooked meat and potatoes, pop back into the oven a few minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve immediately.
image & recipe courtesy of: http://recipesfromthebigbluebinder.blogspot.co.il