Mini Olive Oil Cakes with a Lemon Glaze Recipe
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp. grated lemon zest (from 2 lemons)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 2/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat over to 350.
- Brush a 6- or 12-cup muffin pan with the melted butter.
- Lightly dust with flour and shake out the excess.
- Pulse the granulated sugar and lemon zest in a blender until combined.
- Add the eggs one at a time.
- Pour in the olive oil and milk, pulsing until emulsified into a thin batter, about 30 seconds.
- Whisk 1 cup flour, the baking powder, salt and 1 teaspoon thyme in a small bowl. Add to the blender in 2 batches, pulsing lightly until just combined; stop to scrape down the sides of the blender as needed.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake until the cakes just begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and spring back when lightly touched, 28 to 30 minutes for a 6-cup Bundt pan and 22 to 25 minutes for a 12-cup Bundt or muffin pan.
- Cool in the pan.
- While cooling, make the glaze: Whisk the confectioners’ sugar, lemon juice and butter until smooth, adding more lemon juice if the mixture is too thick.
- Drizzle over the warm cakes.
- Garnish with grated lemon zest.
image courtesy of: http://www.justapinch.com