Lemon Blueberry Pound Cake Recipe
- 2 cups Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup Virgin Olive Meyer Lemon Olive Oil
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- juice of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Beat first 2 ingredients at medium speed.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well.
- Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups.
- Combine 2 tablespoons flour and blueberries in a small bowl and toss well.
- Combine remaining flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream.
- Fold in blueberry mixture, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour into 10-in. greased cake pan.
- Bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes.
- Cook cake in pan 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan.
- Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl and drizzle over warm cake.
image courtesy of: http://www.cozycakescottage.com