Italian Pot Roast Recipe
- 3-4 tablespoon Virgin Olive Italian Herb Olive Oil
- 4lb. beef chuck roast
- ½ cup red wine or beef stock
- ½ cup water
- 1 shallot, minced
- 3-4 diced yellow potatoes
- 1 cup carrots, peeled and sliced
- 1 ½ cups sliced portabella mushrooms
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 28 oz. can of crushed tomatoes
- 3 cloves minced garlic cloves
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat Olive Oil in large pot.
- Rub salt and pepper on each side of beef and add it to the oil.
- Heat for about 2 minutes per side.
- Combine wine (or beef stock), water and Worcestershire in a cup and pour over beef.
- Add garlic to tomatoes and add to pot.
- Keep heat low.
- Add potatoes, carrots, shallot and mushrooms on top and around meat.
- Cover pot and cook for 3-4 hours basting every 45 minutes with the liquid in the pot.
image courtesy of: http://www.myrecipes.com