Grilled Steak with Espresso Balsamic Vinegar Glaze
- 4 servings boneless rib eye steaks (about ¾ inches thick)
- 3 tablespoons Virgin Olive’s Traditional Olive Oil divided
- ½ cup chopped shallots
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- ½ cup Virgin Olive’s Espresso Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coat the steaks with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and generously salt and pepper both sides.
- Grill or pan fry steaks as desired, flipping once during cooking.
- Transfer steaks to a plate and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil to a skillet or sauté pan over medium heat (if pan-frying steaks use the same skillet).
- Add shallots and rosemary and cook for about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until shallots start to become translucent.
- Add espresso balsamic vinegar and continue cooking to reduce the mixture to a glaze about 1 minute (if pan-frying steaks and using the same skillet, scrape up browned bits).
- Finally add the juices remaining from the plate holding the tented steaks.
- Drizzle over warm steaks and serve immediately.
image & recipe courtesy of: http://www.olivethis.com/