Fried Dough With Vanilla Balsamic Drizzle Recipe
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Virgin Olive Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar
- powdered sugar for topping
- Mix dry ingredients in large bowl.
- Blend in shortening with pastry blender.
- Stir in milk with a fork until soft dough is formed.
- On lightly floured surface, knead dough 2 or 3 times.
- Cut into fourths, form each piece into a circle.
- Roll to 1/2 inch thickness.
- Place two at a time into the deep fryer, turning to brown evenly on both sides.
- Cook for 4-5 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Drizzle with Vanilla Balsamic Vinegar and top with powdered sugar.
image courtesy of: http://www.saratogaoliveoil.com