Filet Mignon With A Fig Balsamic Glaze Recipe
- 2 (4 ounce) filet mignon steaks
- 1/4 cup Virgin Olive Fig Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- pepper to taste
- salt to taste
- Sprinkle both sides of the steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Place steaks in hot pan, and cook for 1 minute on each side, or until browned.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, and add balsamic vinegar and red wine.
- Cover, and cook for 4 minutes on each side, basting with sauce when you turn the meat over.
- Remove steaks to two warmed plates, spoon one tablespoon of glaze over each, and serve immediately.
image courtesy of: http://www.losgatosfoodie.com