Chicken Breasts With Onions And Raspberry Balsamic Glaze
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast
- Virgin Olive’s Traditional olive oil
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2-3 med onions, sliced length wise
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- mushrooms (optional)
- 1/3 cup Virgin Olive’s Raspberry Balsamic Vinegar or Virgin Olive’s Cherry Balsamic Vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season breasts with a mixture of 1/4 tsp thyme, salt and pepper.
- Heat skillet over med heat.
- Add 1 Tbs of Virgin Olive’s Traditional Olive Oil and 1 Tbs butter; saute onions until soft or caramelized (sauté mushrooms as desired). You may need to turn the heat down so the onions do not brown too quickly.
- Add the Virgin Olive’s Raspberry or Cherry Balsamic Vinegar and 1/4 tsp of thyme, salt and pepper.
- Raise heat and reduce until sightly thickened.
- Saute Chicken breasts in equal amounts of 1 tbsp olive oil and 2 tbsp butter until brown about 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Divide onions on plates, slice breasts and fan over onions. Sprinkle a little parsley over the chicken if you like.
image & recipe courtesy of: https://gourmetblends.us