Buffalo Mozzarella with Balsamic Glazed Plums
- 1 large ball buffalo mozzarella, sliced into 1/4-inch thick rounds
- 4 ripe plums, pitted and quartered
- 1 1/2 cups Virgin Olive’s Plum Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tbsp Virgin Olive’s Traditional Olive Oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Put the Virgin Olive’s Plum Balsamic Vinegar in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Adjust heat to low and simmer until it is reduced nearly three-quarters in volume and thickened to a syrup. About 15 minutes.
- Add plums to syrup turning gently to coat and continue to cook for another 4-7 minutes more. Turn off heat and let cool.
- Meanwhile assemble mozzarella slices on platter, allowing to overlap slightly and season with salt and pepper to taste. With a fork, remove plums from syrup and place atop cheese, then top with the remaining syrup, pine nuts and mint. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
image & recipe courtesy of: http://food52.com