Brie And Prosciutto Flatbread Recipe
- 1/2 large red onion, sliced
- 1/2 lb. of prosciutto
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 large wedge creamy brie cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 mini multi-grain flatbreads
- 2 cups of Arugula mix
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup Virgin Olive Italian Herb Olive Oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped basil
- black pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and minced garlic, saute for about 5 minutes or until slightly caramelized.
- Chop prosciutto into small pieces and add to skillet.
- Saute for 8-10 minutes or until prosciutto is crispy.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Remove 3 out of the 5 sides of skin from the wedge of brie cheese. Slice into thin strips/small pieces.
- Spray non-stick cooking spray on a large baking sheet and place mini flatbreads on the sheet.
- Drizzle flatbreads with the remaining olive oil.
- Cover flatbreads with brie cheese. Leave space in between for the cheese to melt.
- Divide and sprinkle the 1/4 cup mozzarella between the four flatbreads.
- Add the Arugula mix.
- Add the prosciutto/onion mix.
- Top with halved cherry tomatoes.
- Bake the flatbreads for 10 minutes.
- Broil for an additional minute.