White Truffle Risotto Recipe
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 tbsps Virgin Olive White Truffle Olive Oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups arborio rice
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup parmigiano reggiano cheese, grated
- 3 tbsps butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a saucepan over medium heat, bring the broth to simmer. Reduce the heat to low and keep the broth warm.
- In a risotto pan over medium-high heat, warm the White Truffle Olive Oil.
- Add the onion and cook until softened.
- Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more.
- Add the rice and stir until the grains are translucent with a white dot in the center, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the wine and stir until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Begin adding the broth 1/2 cup at a time, stirring frequently after each addition.
- When the rice is tender but firm to the bite, after 20 to 25 minutes, stir in the 1/2 cup cheese, then the 3 tablespoons butter.
- Season with salt and pepper.
image courtesy of: http://www.yummly.com