Bolognese Sauce Recipe
- Virgin Olive Italian Herb Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Virgin Olive Roasted Garlic Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. Virgin Olive Chipotle Olive Oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 2 oz. package porcini mushrooms
- 28 oz. San Marzano tomatoes
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp. basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak the mushrooms in red wine until softened.
- Coat the bottom of a pot with the Italian Herb Oil and heat.
- Add the Roasted Garlic and Chipotle Olive Oil.
- Add the onion and saute until it softens.
- Add the beef and cook through.
- Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the canned tomatoes and crush.
- Add the tomato sauce, spices, salt and pepper to taste.
- Simmer for 1/2 hour.
- Serve over pasta.